Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Double Set Challenge

I'm sure by now all of you are familiar with my Single Set Challenge.  This is something similar that I've been mulling over for a while.  I reviewed the Mega Bloks Hot Wheels polybags and -- while you can build something with them -- there's not quite enough pieces to build something interesting.  So I decided to take two of the same set and combine the pieces.  Viola!  Instant interesting build.


Red Cruiser.









Yellow Cruiser.








I also tried it with a slightly larger set, the Star Wars ARC-170 Starfighter polybag, and was able to make this.  Flickr page.


I also made a couple of mecha from the 82691 Kre-O Transformers Battlechangers Hound set just to show it could be done with those too.  Flickr page.





Although both of those last sets violate the rules I'm about to stipulate.

Rules:
1.) Pick a small set, it can be any set old or current, but it can't be more than 50 pieces.
2.) Build any number of items from that set.
3.)You don't have to use all the parts but you have to use only those parts in the set.
4.)To keep things fair, I say everyone goes by the Bricklink Catalog set lists.
5.)You can do this "in the brick", on LDD, LDraw, or any old way you can manage put some bricks together.

You can post a link to your results in the Comments section of this page.  You can also post a picture to the Flickr group,  the Hangar forums, or the Facebook group as I'll be cross-posting this challenge to those sites as well.

I look forward to seeing what people build.

No comments:

Post a Comment